At this year’s Board Game Jam we were lucky enough to have two professional board game designers share their knowledge. Sen Foong Lim and Jay Cormier, who are the Bamboozle Brothers made the popular games Belfort and Train of Thought.
They spoke to the attendees of Board Game Jam via Skype about what it’s like to design and sell games around the world.
- In something akin to a questions and answers session they covered:
- Prototyping games and getting them ready to pitch
- What conferences and conventions are like
- How to playtest and get good feedback
- What level of finished art should you have in your game to show a publisher
- The growing trend of mixing board games and digital games
We recorded their words of wisdom and you can listen to them below. Feel free to connect with them at BoardGameGeek (Sen, Jay).
You can buy Belfort at Amazon and Train of Thought at Tiny Minstrel Games.