Presentations from GDC 2014 have started to be put online at the GDC Vault. The first ones I came across were related to free to play (F2P) games which is sort of fitting since I recently posted about F2P “whales”.
Here’s a roundup from the GDC Vault on F2P strategies:
- Monetization Lessons From Asian F2P Games
- This presentation provides exactly what the title suggests. The importance of chase item balancing is integral to success.
- Acquisition for F2P Games on the Web
- If your F2P game is playable in a web browser how do you even get players? This presentations answers that question. The most important thing is a low-resistance and well designed user experience for getting people to sign up.
- Balancing Monetization to Succeed in the F2P MMO Space
- Treat what you’re providing more as a service than as a product. Don’t go straight for the cash. From GDC Europe 2013
- 5 Key Best Practices in Free-to-Play Gaming
- Pictured above, this presentation focused on engaging players. From GDC Europe 2013
You must be logged in to post a comment.