Architecture in video games is important as it the look and feel of a place can convey a lot of information quickly. To be clear, I’m talking about buildings in the game world not the hardware or software architecture.
At the request of the students in my Art and Architecture class I’ve compiled a list of resources that they can use to stay informed once they graduate:
List of sources for news on architecture and design:
- ARCH Virtual
- Urban Toronto has all things Toronto.
- Bollards of London does a great job at covering bollards in London.
- Design Milk
- JA+U covers Japanese architecture.
- Architecture Lab
- Architizer Blog
- Per Square Mile
- eVolo Magazine
- The architecture subreddit is good for inspiration.
- TED talks on architecture.
- The New Yorker has the occasional article on architecture.
- There is always Architectural Digest Magazine.
- The Urbanist by Monocle
- 99% Invisible is great.